Friday, September 12, 2008

Comic book movie adaptations Part 1 ( The Fall )

Every time I hear a comic book character or characters are going to be adapted to the big screen i get excited and scared.
Tim Burtons Batman starring michael Keaton as Batman And Jack Nicholson as the Joker set the bar to what was supposed to be a defining moment in Comic Book characters being adapted to the big screen. I also give a nod to Richard Donner and Christopher Reeve for setting the pace. Unfortunately things took a turn for the worse. Hollywood idiots believed there was more money to be made by taking these iconic characters and making them more campy, changing there costumes, playing with there histories etc. Also the casting choices were terrible. George Clooney as Batman? Nipples on the bat suit? Batgirl being Alfred's Niece instead of Commissioner Gordon's Daughter? All these changes were terrible and unnecessary. After that movie I was turned away from movie adaptations. I decide to stick to my comic books and just dream of an iron man movie or green lantern movie. But to be honest I would quickly Put those thoughts to rest because I would rather never see movies like these produced if they were to turn out to be trash. Movies that portrayed these characters in such a light were an insult to the fans and the creators of said characters. Believe it or not These characters are our modern day folk lore. These are the legends and myths of our parents and of our kids generations. I thought all was lost.............

No comments: