Friday, July 18, 2008

THE DARK KNIGHT Part 1 ( The experience)


Earlier this morning I saw one of the most anticipated movies of the summer if not the year. As we arrived to the movie theater and I looked at the immense line that spread out around the block I knew I was in for a treat. It was just a feeling, these many fans showing up by no means were they proof that this movie was going to be great, No, I've viewed Midnight screenings before and seen huge lines line up and have still been disappointed. Spiderman 3 and Transformers come to mind. And I don't want to begin on the travesty that was fantastic 4 rise of the silver surfer. No after watching a classic movie like Iron Man and an above average Hulk Movie, I knew it was DC's and Warner Bros turn to add to an already memorable summer of movies. I just knew it in my gut that they wouldn't disappoint and boy was I right. This movie thus far has been the best in my opinion of the Comic Book movies to this day. The character of Batman is a huge part of DC lore. When people think of DC comics Batman definitely has to come to mind along with Superman of course. Superman was always this powerful being who we always fantasized of having his power, but knew deep down that it was impossible. But Batman is an ordinary human being just highly trained and with a plethora of gadgets. All that can or has been invented. This has always lead me to be a big fan of The Batman. Also having some of the best rogues gallery In all of comics and supporting cast doesn't hurt. after being seated we began discussing past movies and other geek filled topics. Our conversation ranged from Iron man to thunder-cats to How bad of an actress Jessica Alba is. We had to promise the people in front of Us that we were loud and obnoxious but only while the lights were still on. As soon as the previews began we all turned down the volume to zero. After some non important previews, they showed The Spirit Preview and the Watchmen Preview. Aside from the fact that the Spirit has Eva Mendez and Scarlett Johansson this movie should not disappoint. ANd for all Alan Moore fans out there I cannot wait For the watchmen movie.... Great previews for a great movie.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

GET A LIFE!

Anonymous said...

U LOSER MUVIE SUCK FAT

le0 said...

I CAN´T WAIT FAM! I HOPE YOUR RIGHT.

micro sd card said...

The best way to sum up the sheer brilliance that is The Dark Knight is to paraphrase a saying from the Comic Book Guy in The Simpsons: Best. Superhero movie. Ever!