Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Originality

I am not original!

This post goes out to all these fakers and cornballs claiming to be original.
STOP IT! 
It really pisses me off when people claim to be original and say stupid things like. I fathered your style, or Cats wanna be like me, Or nobody does it like me, etc. 

What are you talking about???
Listen I consider myself a good dresser, I love staying fresh, having new kicks, new fitteds.
I Definitely go shopping and browsing for the newest gear, wether its a button up in uniqlo or a tshirt in Goliath. I do that, and so do you. Yes Ny is littered with spots Like reedspace and world etc., But I know about them and i assume you do too. I also enjoy having clothes and gear that isnt common, nobody wants to wear a $90 tshirt hit up a club and run in to a cat that has the same shirt on, i understand its uncomfortable but it happens. And even if you do come trough with some New exclusive shirt/jeans /kicks etc. How are you Being original??
I would applaud you fro being Fresh for being stylish hell, Id even say dang not bad, But how many times is someone going to roll trough with some exclusive S%^$ and be considered original? Nope its too late. Even when people started this whole Hypebeast era and they were mismatching and wearing skinnys and rocking skateboards they werent being original. The 80s did happen you know many of ya might not have been born or simply dont remember it but those days still happened i have the pics to prove it lol. oh and the Asian and white kids have been doing all these things throughout the 90s they just did it cause that was them you people are doing it cause youre following the fashion style of this time. And no there isnt anything wrong with that. I do it too everyone does it. I went from size 42 Pepes and a 5x white tee to size38 levis and a xl tee. I know i did the transition early before alot of people started catching on but that still wouldnt make me original  because i saw it all around me, celebrities and rappers etc. You can just tell when theres gonna be a transition and you adjust to the times.

Bottom Line is Stop claiming originality. 
If this was 5 to 10 years ago and you lived in the hood and everyone was baggy and you had on skinnys with beat up jordans then you can say im being different im being a trendsetter but original? No Originality was during our parents and grandparenst time. what we are doing is grabbing an original concept and making it ours molding it to our generation, and we should definitely be proud that we can say we made it better. BUT NO WE DIDNT INVENT SH%$.

Peace




2 comments:

Ram said...

pics or it didnt happen.

le0 said...

Super Mario for President!!!!!!
you got my vote.